2023 Author: Leah Sherlock | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 09:26
In the age of computer technology, a very important moment in the upbringing of the younger generation is its familiarization with theatrical art. The leading role in this issue belongs to theaters for children. The Kaluga Youth Theater is no exception.
History of Creation
Through the efforts of the actors of the Kaluga Drama Theater L. Volskaya and V. Tsvetkov, a theater troupe was created in 1964, which at first was called the folk theater. The first performances for children "Children under sixteen" by V. Lyubimova and "They and Us" by L. Dolinina were staged in 1965. At first, without having its own premises, the Kaluga Theater for Young Spectators nevertheless occupied its strong niche in the cultural life of the city and the region. The creators of the theater became its first directors. In 1967, he was given the premises in which the Udarnik cinema used to be located. From 1970 to the present, a children's studio has been operating at the Youth Theater, in which the future actors of the troupe are brought up. In 1982, the theater team was awarded a certificate of honor for merits in the upbringing of the younger generation. In December 1997, the folk amateur group received the statusprofessional and was included in the register of theaters in Russia. Now on its stage you can see performances not only for children, but also for adults. To get to the theater, you need to take the trolley bus number 1, 2 or 3 to the stop "Stary Torg Square", and then go up Teatralnaya Street. The Youth Theater is located in Kaluga at the address: Teatralnaya street, house 36.
Repertoire for children
The theater team pays great attention to the deep meaning of their productions. The actors are convinced that through an ordinary fairy tale a lot can be taught not only to children, but also to adults. Performances in the repertoire of the Kaluga Regional Theater for Young Spectators are divided by age categories:
- for younger children (preschoolers, grades 1-4) - “Counting to five”, “Knock-knock! Who's there?", "Goat Dereza", "Cat's House", "On the Green Hills of the Ocean", "Geese Swans", "Shepherdess and Chimney Sweep";
- for middle school age (5th-6th grades) - "The Adventures of Pinocchio", "Cinderella";
- middle school age (6th-7th grade) - Jolly Roger, Ryaba the Hen Mystery, Fairy's Gift, Canterville Ghost, The Nutcracker and the Mouse King;
- for seniors and adults - "A Very Simple Story", "The Death of Tarelkin", "Don't Leave Me…", "The Cherry Orchard", "Remember Us Merry";
- for everyone - "The Snow Queen", "Thumbelina", "Nightingale", "Two Masters", "Scarlet Flower", "Finist Clear Falcon", "Snow Maiden", "False Seal", "Ivan Tsarevich and Gray Wolf.”
Kaluga Youth Theater pleases with its productions not only children, but also an adult audience. Once a week, on Thursday at 18.30, one of the following performances can be seen on its stage:
- "A very simple story" by M. Lado, in 2 acts;
- “Death of Tarelkin” by A. Sukhovo-Kobylin, in 2 acts;
- "Don't leave me" by A. Dudarev";
- Cherry Orchard by A. Chekhov, in 2 acts;
- "Remember us cheerful" ("Drummer") by A. Salynsky, in 2 acts;
- "Sisters" by A. Poor;
- "Museum of Disappeared Things" by A. Poor;
- “Belikov. Rehabilitation” by O. Klyukina.
Kaluga Youth Theater. Actors
This wonderful theater has people devoted to performing arts who have been giving their talent to the audience for many years. Among them:
- Vizgov Mikhail Alekseevich from 1964 to 1979 was an actor of the Kaluga Youth Theater, and in 1992 he became its chief director. In 2005, he was awarded the title of Honored Worker of Culture of the Kaluga Region.
- Vizgova Valeria Nikolaevna, director of the theater, was awarded the title of Honored Worker of Culture of Russia. For fifteen years since the beginning of the existence of the Youth Theater - the leading actress. Director since 1996.
- Semina Ekaterina Viktorovna has been a theater actress since 1997. She is known for her roles as the fox Alice in The Adventures of Pinocchio, the Chieftain in The Snow Queen, the Captain in the Jolly Roger, the Magpie in Counting to Five, and many others.
- Krokhmaleva Ekaterina Viktorovnahas been playing on stage since 2001. The audience fell in love with her images of the princess in the play "Puss in Boots", Marie in the play "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King", Malvina in the production of "The Adventures of Pinocchio".
Among the very first actors, one can note Evgeny Khakimov, Valeria Ushakova, Nadezhda Efremenko, Valentina Mikhailina, Viktor Arkhipov, Larisa Manaeva and others.
Legends of the theatre. Mikhail Alekseevich Vizgov
Today's Youth Theater in Kaluga is a young talented troupe, brought up by M. A. Vizgov. Thanks to extraordinary performances with interesting dramaturgy, the theater gathers full halls of its loyal fans. From its very foundation, from 1964 to 1979, Mikhail Alekseevich was a theater actor. After graduating from the Moscow State Institute of Culture in 1989-1992, he directed the studio of the People's Theater at the Teacher's House in Kaluga. In 1992 he became the chief director of the Theater for Young Spectators. Thanks to his efforts, the amateur youth group was given the status of a professional theater. The creative team works in the traditions of Russian classical art. Mikhail Vizgov has more than 80 productions for both children and adults. Vizgov is an Honored Worker of Culture of the Kaluga Region, holder of the Order of the Holy Blessed Prince Daniel of Moscow III degree. His pseudonym is Fedor Rozhkov.
Programs and projects
The Theater of the Young Spectator in Kaluga, in addition to its main activity, implements very interesting programs and projects.
- Since 1970, a children's studio has been operating here, the main task of which isis the training of future artists of the troupe. Pupils of the studio take part in theater performances.
- Since 1992, the Youth Theater on its basis has been conducting the program "Orthodoxy, Culture and Children", which includes the organization of colorful Christmas and Easter matinees, exhibitions of children's art.
- Since 1995, the theater has been the venue for the All-Russian festival "Kaluga Theater Holidays". Mikhail Vizgov became its initiator.
- The creative team organizes New Year's and Christmas parties for parents with children under four years of age as part of the project "Celebrate the New Year in sliders".
- Thanks to the program "Kaluga Youth Theater - Children of the Kaluga Region", the troupe visited different districts of the Kaluga Region with their performances.
- Every Thursday, at 18.30, the team presents performances for an adult audience.
Exhibitions of children's creativity within the framework of the program "Orthodoxy, Culture and Children"
Starting from 1998, together with the Kaluga diocese, the theater annually hosts an exhibition of children's art in honor of the Nativity of Christ and the Bright Resurrection of Christ. The events are held within the framework of the Orthodoxy, Culture and Children program. The blessing for its holding was given by the Metropolitan of Kaluga and Borovsk Clement. In 2018, all districts of the Kaluga region were represented here by more than 100 teams. These are Sunday schools, art schools, comprehensive schools, kindergartens and children's teen centers, in total more than 2,000 participants. Visitors could get acquainted with drawings, crafts, embroideries, photographschildren who reflect the Orthodox faith, the triumph of the Nativity of Christ, love for the Motherland. The exposition included more than 1600 works, many of which were made at a high artistic level. And as a New Year's gift, young talents watched the premiere of the new performance of the Kaluga Youth Theater "The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep".
The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep
On December 20, 2018, the premiere of the play "The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep" based on Andersen's fairy tales directed by Mikhail Vizgov took place. The product is a bit odd. The main action with a porcelain Shepherdess and a toy Chimney Sweep is built into another play about the Princess and the Pea. At the same time, both fairy tales are harmoniously combined with each other. Every movement of fairy-tale characters is measured and weighed. The actors' play is lively and plastic, they demonstrate the highest acting skills. The story is both funny and sad at the same time. Dreaming of a fairytale prince, the porcelain Shepherdess becomes the bride of an ordinary Chimney Sweep. Trying to escape with him from her favorite table, she got scared and decided to return back to her little world. The most important human values are intertwined in this fairy tale. And above all, this is a love story, as beautiful as antique porcelain. The new performance of the Kaluga Youth Theater turned out to be poetic, bright and wise.
Museum of Disappeared Things
In November 2018, the theater delighted its fans with the premiere of the play "The Museum of Disappeared Things" by the Kaluga author A. Ubogoy. Viewers are confronted with an unusual plot. Older people move many years back to their youth. There they appearthe opportunity to build your own destiny in a different way. Such metamorphoses force them to give completely new assessments of their past, present and future. The performance was staged by the chief director of the Kaluga Youth Theater Mikhail Vizgov. The work received a grant from the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation. An expert commission selected this performance for participation in the XVI International Theater Forum "Golden Knight", which was held in December 2018 in Moscow, at the theater "On Pokrovka".
TuZ, Kaluga. Feedback from viewers is positive
Fans of the Theater of the Young Spectator speak very warmly about the repertoire of the theater and about the performance of its actors.
- Lovers of performing arts highly appreciated the location of the theater in the very center of the city.
- No problem with parking nearby.
- There are large colorful posters at the entrance.
- It turned out to be a pleasant discovery that performances are offered not only for children, but also for adults.
- If you buy a program, you can take pictures with the actors after the performance and get an autograph.
- Before the start of the performance, you can see photos of the actors in the foyer, as well as photos of scenes from various performances.
- The chairs in the hall transform so that even small children can see everything that happens on stage.
- The actors play sincerely, with soul. Both children and adults enjoy watching.
- Pleased with an extensive repertoire.
- Interesting exhibitions of children's creativity in the foyer of the theater before Easter and Christmas.
- Advice from the audience - due to the fact that the hall is small, tickets are betterpurchase in advance.
Reviews from viewers are negative
On some organizational issues, the audience has comments on the management of the theater for young spectators in Kaluga.
- When buying online, the cost of a ticket for a performance is more expensive than when buying at the box office.
- The number of seats sold through the theater's official website is limited.
- The stairs to the second floor are too steep.
- Filming of the performance is prohibited.
- Some of the dialogues in the productions were considered somewhat difficult for children to understand by adults.
- There is no buffet in the theatre, food and drinks can be bought directly in the lobby.
The Nizhny Novgorod Youth Theater has been around for 90 years. The theater is interesting for both children, young viewers, and serious experienced theatergoers. The Youth Theater diligently preserves the traditions of the past, while developing and striving to keep up with the times. This is the main secret of its popularity
The Youth Theater (Rostov-on-Don) has its roots in the distant 19th century. His current repertoire includes performances of various genres. There are also concerts and parties for adults and children
The plastic theater "Transfiguration" in Nizhny Novgorod has existed not so long ago, it is about 30 years old. His repertoire includes dramatic performances without words. Artists express emotions through movement. There are also children's performances and New Year's parties
The story of the actors who successfully organized the theater "Commonwe alth of Taganka Actors" is incredibly interesting. He has a wide repertoire in his arsenal. From the article you will learn how the theater was formed, what performances will take place in the very near future, what is its cast, as well as the official website and address
The centuries-old history, cozy atmosphere, high professionalism, creative team, diverse repertoire are the components of the success of this temple of arts. The host of the Festival of the oldest theaters in Russia cordially invites you to enjoy his performances and tour productions