2023 Author: Leah Sherlock | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 12:28
Drawing nature requires sensitivity and understanding of its beauty, accurate reproduction of picturesque lines, curves and volumes. To depict natural beauty on paper, you need to be observant and attentive to the smallest details and changes that occur in wildlife.
Features of the structure of leaves
There are many different forms of leaves. They have individual characteristics, thanks to which they can be distinguished. To have an idea of how to draw leaves, you need to study the features of their structure. In order to determine the drawing order, consider what is present in each sheet.
- The stem is the main and central part of any leaf (the line of symmetry dividing it into 2 parts).
- A leaf plate that has its own specific shape.
- Veinlets (branching from the stem all over the body of the leaf).
Determine the details and draw the leaves with a pencil
The process of drawing leaves with a pencil consists of the following steps:
- Schematic construction of the main lines (at this stage, the proportions are approximately measured with a pencil, drawnmain sheet axes).
- Image of the main contour of the leaf plate (maple, oak, birch, aspen and others).
- Drawing the stem, veins and smaller details.
- Definition of light, half-light, shadow and half-shadow on a sheet.
- Give volume and texture to the sheet with pencil strokes.
- Dashed lines should be thin. Darker details are drawn at the end of the work.
Painting leaves with watercolor
How to draw leaves? You can do this with watercolors. This is a transparent paint. Objects made in watercolor will look natural and bright, which allows you to convey subtle and smooth transitions of colors and shades.
Learn to draw leaves:
- We make a sketch of the sheet with a simple pencil. The lines should be very faint and barely visible.
- Determine the main color of the sheet. We dip the brush in water, then in the desired color of watercolor (a small amount of paint is taken) and apply the first layer. The color should be light and transparent.
- Determine the light and dark areas of the picture.
- Select the desired colors and carefully apply with a brush, creating smooth transitions of tones.
- How to draw leaves, watercolor will tell. This is a paint that does not like clear boundaries and implies smooth and gentle color transitions. They are carefully created with a brush and water,at the same time, unnecessary lines are washed away.
- The stem and veins are drawn with darker tones of colors to give relief to the pattern.
- If some details of the leaves turned out darker than necessary, this can be easily corrected with a brush and water, removing the unwanted tone from a certain area.
Learning to draw is not as difficult as it seems. This will require, first of all, the desire to convey the splendor of the living world. How to draw leaves, how to see and feel natural beauty, nature, which is always open to humans, will tell and teach.
Drawing may seem like a difficult process, but with the help of master classes and online lessons, even a child can complete complex paintings with a little diligence. There are no art schools here. Fantasy and desire play a leading role
This article is about how to draw a seated person using a pencil and paints. The material gives an idea of how to depict a person on a chair
Banana is a very common fruit throughout the world, so it can often be seen in various paintings with fruits and vegetables. Drawing them is quite simple, since these objects are based on geometric shapes: a circle for an apple, a tomato, a cherry, an oval for a cucumber, corn, a banana, a triangle for grapes and lettuce. And if you are also thinking about how to draw a banana, this article will be very useful to you
The winter landscape is mesmerizing: trees silvered with snow and hoarfrost, falling soft snow. What could be more beautiful? How to draw winter and transfer this fabulous mood to paper without any problems? This can be done by both an experienced and a novice artist
Sometimes you want to draw something unusual. Well, for example, fly agaric. He is so bright and always attracts attention. In the forest, it is simply impossible to pass by him. And if you try, then your sketch will also not be left without the attention of others. How to draw a fly agaric? We will talk about this below